Five reasons to love VR Pro’s Canada Day Race
With just one month until Canada Day, runners are looking for the perfect way to celebrate their country and challenge themselves by doing what they love: run. And that’s where VR Pro’s Canada Day Race comes in. The virtual event is on now and runs until July 15.
For these events, runners choose from three different distance options, and complete their run or walk anytime between June 1 and July 15.
Runners can submit their results to Speed River Timing via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and times will be posted within a few days. Perfect for challenging friends, family, the local running club, or even co-workers.
“We are hoping that everyone will come together and run or walk 5K, 10K, or 21.1K with us wherever you are in Canada to celebrate this great country of ours,” says Kelly Arnott, co-founder of VR Pro Races, the team behind such popular events as the Chilly Half Marathon and Frosty 5K.
Each race has a unique sponsor. The Canada Day 5K is brought to you by Resident Care Pharmacy. The Canada Day 10K is brought to you by Silver Specialty Rx. The Canada Day Half Marathon (21.1K) is brought to you by Silver Fox Pharmacy.
The race will also be raising much-needed funds for March of Dimes Canada.
Here is a rundown of reasons why we think this is the perfect way to celebrate Canada Day in sneakers this summer.
1. All race participants will get a one-of-a-kind Canada Day technical T-shirt emblazoned with the maple leaf that you’ll want to wear over and over again.
2. The finisher medal is a box that opens like a locket, which alone makes it a very unique keepsake. But there’s more. One person will win a $1,000 gift card for Barry's Jewellers if they find a fake ring inside of the medal notifying them that they won the gift card.
3. There are also special Canada Day youth events, so entire families can compete together. For youth entries, there are 1KM, 5KM, and 10KM distance options. The youth race kits also include a finisher medal and a youth Canada Day shirt.
4. This race is only $40. Plus, the VR Pro team will send the bib, medal, and all of the other race swag anywhere in Canada for an additional charge of only $10. There are also safe curbside pickup options available for those who are in the Burlington area.
5. There is another fun giveaway. VR Pro is giving away a weekend getaway at Woodview on the Lake - Lakeside Lofts to one lucky person. To enter the contest, just take a picture of the finisher medal or flag and share it on Instagram or Facebook, and tag @vrproinc. Everyone who participates in this contest will be entered to win the getaway.
This event is almost sold-out and the remaining spots are filling up quickly. There is also a price increase set for June 14, so now is the time to head over to the event registration page on Race Roster to secure a spot. And for more information on the Canada Day virtual runs or any of the other VR Pro virtual races just head to their website or head over to their very active and fun Facebook group