Get Out There's Festivus holiday giveaway is here
Our biggest and most popular contest of the year is back!
It's our biggest contest of the year — our Festivus giveaway! Starting December 5 we'll be giving away a new prize pack each day from our partners. It's easy to enter — visit our Facebook page daily during the contest period and fill out the online entry form. A new contest prize will be put up at midnight each day.
Be sure to like and follow our Facebook page and share our contest!
We will be announcing all the winners at the end of our contest period.
Official contest rules are below:
“12 Days of Festivus” Get Out There Magazine Contest Official Contest Rules and Regulations
Get Out There Magazine contest (the “Contest”) is being operated and promoted by Get Out There Magazine, Inc. (“Get Out There”). The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada (excluding residents of Québec) who are thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry and will be governed according to laws of Ontario. Unless otherwise specified, Entries (as defined herein) to the Contest will begin on December 1, 2016 at 12:01 a.m. ET and conclude on December 1, 2015 at 11:59:59 p.m ET (the “Contest Period”). All references to time in these Official Contest Rules and Regulations are to ET. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. By selecting the option to receive Get Out There Magazine digital edition and the e-newsletter direct to your inbox, you are agreeing to receive email communications from Get Out There. Email will be sent via our service provider: StreamSend. You can unsubscribe to these emails at any time. Rules and Regulations NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
1. CONTEST PERIOD Entry into the Contest shall only take place during the Contest Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY Entrants must be legal residents of Canada (excluding residents of Québec) and are thirteen (13) years of age or older at the date of entry. Residents of Québec are not eligible to enter. Entrants who are over the age of thirteen (13) and under the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence at the date of entry are eligible to enter the Contest and win Prize provided that the parent or legal guardian of the entrant accepts any such prize and the terms and conditions hereof for and on behalf of such entrant.
3. HOW TO ENTER: You can enter the Contest on Facebook (www.facebook.com/GetOutThere): If you are a member of Facebook you can enter the Contest through Facebook by visiting the official Get Out There Magazine Facebook fan page at www.facebook.com/GetOutThere (the “Facebook Contest Website”). If you are not a member of Facebook, you can register on Facebook to become a member in order to enter the Contest. To enter the Contest through Facebook: (i) go to www.facebook.com/GetOutThere; (ii) select the “Like” tab on the Contest Website to become a fan of the “Get Out There” Facebook page (“Facebook Fan Page”); (iii) locate the “Contest Facebook Application” under the contest tab; and (iv) click on the Contest banner and follow the on-screen instructions to register for the Contest (collectively a “Facebook Entry”). Facebook membership is free, but is subject to acceptance of the terms and conditions of use of www.facebook.com. Once you click on the contest tab on the Get Out There fan page, you will be required to complete the online entry form and provide the following information: first name, last name, email address, province of residence, daytime telephone number (including area code and extension), and date of birth. By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Contest Rules and Regulations including all eligibility requirements. Illegible and/or incomplete Entries and Entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Get Out There and their agents are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected Entries, for technical, hardware, software or delivery failures of any kind, for lost or unavailable network connections, or for failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of the Entries. Proof of entering information at the Contest Website does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt. Get Out There reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Contest without prior notification. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered on the date the Entry is submitted. All Entries become the sole property of Get Out There and will not be acknowledged or returned. Get Out There will not accept entries by phone, fax or any other method not specifically permitted herein or if not received as provided herein.
4. RANDOM DRAWING Following the end of the Contest Period, the potential winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries no later than within one (1) business day of the Contest closing date. In order to be declared the winner by the Contest judges, a potential winner must be in compliance with these Official Contest Rules and Regulations and, in particular, the following: A representative of Get Out There must be able to reach the potential winner independently by email informing him/her that he/she is the potential winner subject to meeting all the Official Contest Rules and Regulations. The potential winner is required to respond to the email notification within a forty eight (48) hour period of the sending of the email. The potential winner shall receive an email confirmation that his/her email response was received soon after. If the potential winner is unreachable during this timeframe, another potential winner shall be selected from the remaining eligible entries and the same procedure noted herein shall be followed. Return of e-mail prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection/potential winner may be drawn. The potential winner must correctly answer, unaided and within a set timeframe, a mathematical skill-testing question administered by Get Out There or its agent by telephone within forty eight (48) hours after Get Out There contacts a potential winner. The potential winner must complete, sign and return a standard form declaration and release prepared by Get Out There within one (1) business day from the date on which the form is sent to the potential winner. If a potential or declared winner is not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules and Regulations, the Contest judges reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and randomly select further entrants from the remaining eligible Entries until a winner is finally declared. Get Out There reserves the right not to award the Prize if he/she is unable to declare a potential winner a declared winner within a reasonable timeframe, which shall be subject to Get Out There’s sole discretion. Entrants will not be individually contacted, except for the potential winner(s), who will be contacted by email.
5. ODDS OF WINNING Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
6. PRIZE There is one (1) Prize available to be won. It includes: a prize pack from New Balance. At the discretion of Get Out There, the Prize may be substituted for comparable prize(s) that is/are of similar value. The Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. The Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, and cannot be exchanged for cash or other substitutes. All prize details are at Get Out There's sole discretion.
7. PUBLICITY By entering the Contest, you consent to Get Out There and its designees’ use of your name, province of residence, photograph, voice, statement and image for any publicity and advertising purposes, in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional notification, permission or compensation, except where prohibited by law.
8. INDEMNITIES AND DISCLAIMERS Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold Get Out There and their respective affiliates, members, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the “Indemnitees”) harmless from any and all claims, cause of action, damages, expenses, costs (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’, accounting and other professional fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnitees due to or arising out of the entrant’s entry in the Contest. All entrants agree to release and hold harmless Get Out There and their respective directors, members, employees, officers, licensees, licensors and agents, and respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Contest (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death and damage to property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize in the Contest, or their participation in the Contest, or their participation in any Contest. Each potential winner acknowledges that the Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize or the Contest. Apart from manufacturer warranties (which may not be available in all geographies), all warranties are hereby disclaimed; and each potential winner will accept the Prize “AS IS.” Neither Get Out There nor their respective directors, officers, employees, members, affiliates, partners, service providers, consultants, representatives or agents shall be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest Website, where applicable.
9. OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS By participating in the Contest, entrants agree: (i) and acknowledge that he or she has read these Official Contest Rules and Regulations and agrees to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and Regulations and any decisions of Get Out There relating to these Official Contest Rules and Regulations and/or the Contest, which shall be final and binding; and (ii) that if there is any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Contest Rules and Regulations and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Contest Rules and Regulations shall prevail, govern and control. All entries become the sole property of, and are subject to verification by Get Out There and in no case shall be acknowledged or returned to sender. Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with these Official Contest Rules and Regulations, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Get Out There reserves the right to seek damages and/or other relief (including attorneys’ fees) from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrants from this and future Get Out There contests. In its sole determination, Get Out There may disqualify any person who acts in violation of these Official Contest Rules and Regulations, or acts in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person and void all associated entries. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are prohibited and will be disqualified. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the entry of multiple or false contact information under multiple identities, or uses any device or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by Get Out There, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. If for any reason, in the opinion of Get Out There, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Get Out There reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible Entries and/or offer alternative prizing of equal value, should the original prize become unavailable due to circumstances beyond its control. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Contest Rules and Regulations shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Contest Rules and Regulations shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. 10. PERSONAL INFORMATION Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Unless entrant expressly consents to other uses, personal information collected from entrants will be used by Get Out There for the purpose of administering this Contest and awarding a prize. Get Out There will not sell, share or otherwise disclose personal information of entrants with third parties, other than to third parties engaged by them to fulfill the above purposes or as permitted or required by law, or with respect to whom entrant has provided consent. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Get Out There should be addressed to Get Out There Magazine at 1200 - 1 Aberfoyle Crescent, Toronto, Ontario, M8X 2X8. 11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by Get Out There and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.