Top 6 reasons to love the Gatineau Loppet
Storied cross-country ski race set for Feb. 15-17
- Gatineau Park: This is Nordic ski central in this country; the park is home to one of the largest networks of cross-country ski trails in North America.
- The Loppet offers not one but two unique and challenging 51-km linear courses cutting through the Gatineau Park. Feeling bold? On Saturday, ski the classic 51-km course and come back the next day to do the freestyle course. That’s a win-win.
- All the family can participate. Gatineau Loppet offers races for all ages including a mini-2K race, and distances of 5K, 10K and 15K, even snowshoe races!
- There’s shopping! Find the latest gear during the Ski Show all weekend long.
- Conditions have been splendid since the beginning of winter and there is little doubt that this could shape up to be one of the best race weekends in a long time.
- Delicious local beer is always served at the finish line of every race (18 and older, of course).